For the 2023-24 academic year, postgraduate scholarships are available at the following institutions. Please visit the university page below for more information and how to apply:
Learn about GREAT scholarships on offer at Cardiff University, one of Britain’s leading research universities with a diverse student population.
Learn about GREAT Scholarships on offer at Goldsmiths, University of London, internationally renowned for its creative and innovative approach to teaching and research.
Learn about the GREAT Scholarships on offer at Imperial College London, a specialist community focusing solely on science, engineering, medicine, and business.
Learn about the GREAT Scholarships on offer at Lancaster University, a beautiful parkland campus in northwest England.
Learn about the GREAT Scholarships of offer at Sheffield Hallam University, a welcoming community with more than 34,000 students from 113 different countries.
Learn about the GREAT Scholarships on offer at Teesside University, a university with over 90 years of teaching and learning.
Learn more about the GREAT Scholarships on offer at Ulster University. Located in Northern Ireland, the university is young, dynamic, and innovative.
Learn about the GREAT Scholarships of offer at the University of Hull, a proud history of academic excellence, and creating and inspiring life-changing research.
Learn about the GREAT Scholarships on offer at the University of Nottingham, one of the world’s top 70 universities for employability.
Learn more about the GREAT Scholarships on offer at the University of St Andrews, a university consistently ranked as one of the tops in the UK.
Learn about GREAT scholarships on offer to study at University College London (UCL), one of the world’s highest-ranking universities.
Learn about the GREAT Scholarships on offer at the University of Stirling, a university recognized across the globe for excellence in teaching and research.
Learn about the GREAT Scholarships on offer at the University of Plymouth, a dynamic, ambitious, and award-winning institution with a research-led culture.
What are we looking for in a GREAT scholar?
GREAT scholars must:
- be a citizen of Indonesia.
- have an undergraduate degree, be motivated, and have an interest in the proposed subject area
- meet the English language requirement of the UK HEI
- establish an engagement with the UK as a scholar, through personal and academic fulfillment
- be willing to attend a networking event of all UK-based GREAT scholars, to discuss experiences and capture perceptions of studying in the UK
- be ready to maintain contact with the British Council and their HEI and act as an ambassador for the GREAT Scholarships
- as an alumnus of the GREAT Scholarships, be willing occasionally to speak to potential candidates about her own experience of studying in the UK
How to apply
- Visit the university page above to find out more information and then follow the link to the university’s website.
- Apply for individual scholarships following the instructions given on each universities’ scholarship web pages.
- The deadline to apply for a GREAT Scholarship varies according to each institution. For details on individual institutions’ deadlines, please see the institution page.
- Individual universities will inform successful scholars of the result of their applications.
- Scholarship funding will be issued to successful scholars by individual universities after registration.
Terms and conditions apply
- Scholarships will be open only to target country passport holders, and in respect of China, mainland passport holders only.
- The scholarship can only be used towards tuition fees.
- UK HEIs should award the scholarships by 30 June 2023. Application deadlines may vary for individual institutions.
- The Study UK team must be informed of any other scholarships awarded to a GREAT scholar in the same academic year.
- The profile of a GREAT scholar below outlines the requirements of the scholarship and should be used for reference.