Sirindhorn International Institute of Technology, Thammasat University
Scholarships by Sirindhom Technology Scholarship Fund are available for excellent students from reputable universities of any foreign country to study in a master’s or a doctoral degree program at Sirindhom International Institute of Technology (SIIT), Thammasat University, Thailand. The scholarships are made available for the following research interest.
- Biochemical Engineering/Biochemistry
- Chemical Engineering/Chemistry
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering/ Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Energy Technology/Management
- Engineering Management
- Artificial Intelligence and Internet of Things
- Environmental Engineering/ Science/Technology/Management
- Industrial Engineering and Logistics Systems
- Digital Engineering
- Logistics and Supply Chain Systems Engineering/Management Technology
- Materials Engineering/Science/Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
Number of Scholarships: 40 Continuing Scholarships
For prospective students in the academic semester 1/2021 (August, 2021)
- Masters degree (2-year curriculum)
- Doctoral degree (3-year curriculum)
- Full SIIT tuition and educational support fees (Full Thesis Support), excluding:
- TU Matriculation Fee (600 Baht)
- TU Educational Support Fees (800 Bain [IT Service by TU] + 55 Baht [Group Insurance Fee] per semester)
TU Matriculation Fee will be deducted once from the first payment for the living allowance.
TU Education Support Fees will be deducted from the payment of the living allowance on every first month of each regular semester.
- Living allowance of 10,000 Baht per month
- Round trip economy travel expenses, the most direct route to and from Thailand and the recipients home country (actual expense, maximum 20,000 Baht/student)
- Miscellaneous expenses such as visa fees, airport taxes, etc. (actual expenses, but not over 10,000 Baht)
- Health and accident insurance during the period of scholarship in Thailand
Scholarship recipients are required to stay at the SIIT dormitory for a period of at least 12 months.
- Must not be a Thai nationality.
- Excellent academic record (preferably ranked within the top 20 percent of the class)
- Meet qualifications of SIIT graduate programs admissions (www.siit.tu.ac.th/grad_app)
- Two strong recommendation letters (at least one recommendation letter must come from an academic instructor/advisor)
- Have good health and good conduct
- Must not be a recipient of another type of scholarship.
Conditions to Continue the Scholarship
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of not less than 3.25 with no “F”, “U” or “NP” grades. The maximum of one “W” grade throughout the curriculum in a transcript is allowed without scholarship termination under the conditions that Scholarship Recipient is required to pay the full amount of tuition fee of the withdrawn subject and the re-enrollment tuition fee for the come with “W” grade before enrolling in the next semester. The Scholarship Recipients must also pass all credits enrolled in each semester, and must complete all the degree requirements within the time specified by the regulations. However, the Scholarship Recipient is allowed only once to not fulfill all of the Thesis/Doctoral Dissertation credits enrolled in the semester.
- Make good progress in his/her master thesis/doctoral dissertation and report his/her progress every semester.
- Assist in the Institute’s work for 30 hours per semester, focused primarily on exam proctoring for 24 hours, and laboratory supervision or tutoring causes for 6 hours.
Conditions after Graduation
Application Period: 8th February – 15th March 2021
Announcement of Successful Candidates: 21st May 2021
For the online application process, please prepare and attach required documents as the electronic files (jpeg., jpg., PDF. format) as follows:
- A statement of purpose (At least one page of a statement of purpose)
- A Curriculum Vitae (CV) or resume
- An official transcript or current transcript:
- For Master’s degree application: Bachelor’s degree transcript with at least GPA. 2.75
- For Doctoral degree application: Bachelor’s degree transcript, and Master’s degree transcript with GPA. 3.50
- Certificate of English proficiency test as one as follows (if any):
- TOEFL (PBT 400+, or IBT 32+), or
- IELTS 4.5+, or
- TU-GET 400+, or
- TOEIC 500+
Remark: The applicant can apply for the online application even though there is no any certificate of English proficiency test.
- Citizen ID card or passport
- Research paper, publication or certificates (if any)
- Recent photograph (1 x 1.5 inches’ size as jpeg. only)
Remark: The final decision will be made by the SIIT executive committee. SIIT reserves the right to change or modify the policy without prior notice.